Saturday, January 19, 2013

String.... who always cuts too much?? = me!

Happy Saturday everyone!
Hope everyone is having a lovely day.
 
Later on I am going to visit my Aunty who had an operation to remove her breast cancer yesterday. Fingers crossed they have got all the bad bits out so she doesn't have to have more surgery. She is an amazing women, and a fighter. This cancer will never take over her. She will get on top of it.
I think this is a great quote, "She might fall, but she will never lie down"
 
To Deb if your reading...." The road to recovery is here now, take your time, breathe, and think of all the fluffy bunnies, elephants and pink fluffy rugs that surround your room. Never forgot we are always here to help and support you where we can, xxxooo".
 
I wanted to quickly share the layout I have created for the challenge site, Scrap for Help. they have an awesome DT over there. You should pop over and check out the talent!!
The challenge was to use string. Now I have a box of "off cuts", bit and pieces that I always cut too much of. So I got the stash out and used a some on my layout.
 
I have used the Paper Stories "Love Song" kit to make this layout. I have created two layouts with it so far and I have heaps left over for at least another 2 layouts or some cards. Everything you see is in the kit apart from the string, and tag. I have used my normal mixed media supplies to create this layout. My trusty faithful Crafters Workshop templates (can't wait to get my hands on the new release CHA ones), texture paste, Gesso, Heidi Swapp Colorshine in Gold, some distress stains and regular painters masking tape. (My hubby is a painter so I raid his stash quite often!)
 
The layout is of my boy - he never stops exploring and searching for new things to see. Here we are at Bibra Lake. Funny enough it's my husbands ancestors land. They settled in the area and there is a plaque in memorial of them. The lake isn't massive but has a decent walking/running track of 6km round. So 1/2 hour run for those fit people (you might have to do it twice!!)
 
So here it is...
Don't forget about my GIVEAWAY here....!!
 
Nothing Stops You
 


 
 
Have a lovely weekend everyone.
 
:) :)
 
 
 
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous as per usual Anita, love the grungy background and all of the stunning layers! Hoping your Aunty has a full and speedy recovery. Both my Mum and Aunty have had mastectomies for breast cancer, pretty tough thing to go through xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is utterly fabulous Anita! Fantastic texture and layering. Simply adore everything about it! Thanks for joining in at Scrap for Help this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely AWESOME....love your bg & layering & those colours are so scrummy...hope your Aunty is OK & sounds like she has a great positive attitude which must go a HUGE way to wellness:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! amazing LO! such a rich and interesting! hugs from Belarus!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work Anita - loving your texture and layers of course :) And I love Bibra Lake - great fun place and lots of childhood memories for me. All the best for your Aunty and hope she recovers well. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita loved your blog, your style, beautiful page,thanks for play with us in S4H!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, loved your scrap!
    Thanks for play with us in S4H!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Anita, love your page and I really hope your Aunty will be fit and healthy really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Love this page too ~ so much details!!! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW - fabulous page! Love the background texture and all your layers. The colours are divine! There is so much visual interest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page!
    Thanks for playing with us at s Scrap For Help!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Scrap for Help! I'm glad we could assist you in putting those extra bits of string to good use. :)

    Great job on your LO. I love the color combo of the golds and blues, and the mixed media work pulls it all together with a feeling of cohesion.

    Hope your aunt's recovery goes well. Sounds like she has a lot of support--that's always good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anita I totally love this! The colours and design are sensational! And congrats on the DT too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anita and Thanks for your kind words about Scrap for Help!!
    Your layout is a true stunner and I absolutely love it!!! Thanks for sharing and a big congrats on your DT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anita is a great pleasure to came here and see so many gorgeus creations.I love your page just a gorgeus work!!!!
    I love the way you using the string!!!!
    Thanks for play with us in S4H!!!
    Hugs from Brazil.
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow...beautiful page, I really love all the layering! I hope you Aunt is doing better! have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this page,Thank you for joining us at S4H

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, amazing Layout ... stunning!Thanks for playing with us in S4H! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!! Your layout is stunning. I love it. Thanks for playing along with Scrap for Help.

    ReplyDelete

thanks sooo much for stopping by n leaving ur lovely comments! xxo